Professional Dog Trainers in all States
ABC Certified Dog Trainer Database
Animal Behavior College is proud to offer dog owners the ability and convenience to search for an ABC Certified Dog Trainer (ABCDT) in their area.
While this directory only represents a small fraction of ABC graduates, each certified dog trainer has successfully completed ABC’s Dog Trainer Program. Requirements for graduation include the extensive study of the scientific principles of how dogs learn in addition to a hands-on externship with dog training professionals.
Benefits of an ABC Certified Dog Trainer
ABC Certified Dog Trainers understand how to teach new behaviors through luring, shaping, capturing or molding and have mastered the behavioral principles of operant conditioning. They have studied positive reinforcement dog training techniques as their primary training tool, which allows your dog to learn the desired behaviors while keeping that unique spark that makes your dog so special to you.
ABC Certified Dog Trainers:
- Love all dogs and their people too
- Believe that all new behaviors should be taught through luring, shaping, capturing or molding
- Do not subscribe to nor condemn other dog training professionals for their beliefs
- Understand the benefits of professional dog training with operant conditioning
- Have many tools in their toolbox and know how to use them
- Know there is always more to learn and attend seminars, workshops and conferences as often as possible
- Have a strong sense of ethics, which is applied in their business practice
- Have patience and understand that anger and abuse have no place in dog training
- Are always professional
- Treat you and your dog with respect, kindness, empathy, compassion, kinship and encouragement
- Are passionate about living and working with dogs
Animal Behavior College is proud of the commitment made by our students. We understand how challenging the program can be and congratulate all students who succeed in becoming ABC Certified Professional Dog Trainers. That being said, Animal Behavior College does not represent, warrant, or guarantee products or services furnished by our graduates and expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind arising out of the use or performance of the products or services provided by these trainers. Please be aware that ABC does not background check the trainers on our listings.