Yes, You Can Become A Vet Assistant Online!
For many people, having distance learning options like dog training or vet assistant schools online means the difference between just finding a job and actually preparing for a rewarding career. It may seem like animal careers would be difficult to master online, but over the past two decades Animal Behavior College has developed an excellent method of certifying people to work in those professions and others. If you want to work with animals, the ABC Veterinary Assistant Program can get you certified as little as 12 months.
What Are Some Advantages of ABC Veterinary Assistant School?
- You do not have to live near a brick and mortar school.
- You may enroll at any time.
- Our program is designed to be completed in 52 weeks.
- You can learn in the privacy of your own home, favorite coffee shop, or anywhere else you have reliable internet access.
- You can set your own schedule in order to work around your current job or other responsibilities.
- An ABC Program Manager will be available to guide you through the program, counsel you, answer your questions and grade your exams.
- ABC provides an affordable path to vet assistant certification.
- Our externship gives you real-world experience working in a mentor facility.
- ABC’s program is NAVTA-approved.
Why Does NAVTA-Approval Matter?
Due to their exacting standards, the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA) certifies only a few online veterinary assistant programs. Our curriculum is annually reviewed by registered veterinary technicians who have had decades of experience working with animals. Given the high regard the veterinary community has for the NAVTA approval, being certified through ABC can make you stand out when applying for a vet assistant position.
And What Is an Externship?
ABC recognized a long time ago that truly being prepared to work as a veterinary assistant requires on-the-job training experience, so we added an externship component to the program. We have built relationships with over 4,000 mentor facilities throughout the United States and in every Canadian province. After completing the online curriculum, students are assigned an externship location in their area to complete 100 hours of unpaid work experience. During the externship, students may apply some of the skills acquired during the in-home study portion and observe active professionals in the industry.
How Do I Get Started?
If a career as a vet assistant sounds like a great option, give us a call at 800-795-3294. An admissions counselor will be happy to tell you more about the program and help you get enrolled.