You’ve mulled and deliberated and made the decision: time to get your first dog. CONGRATULATIONS! Years of joy, love and fun await. This guide is intended to help you make a small handful of important decisions that can make all the difference in adopting the right dog for your specific situation. Choose well and you and your Furry Friend will be off to a fabulous start!
These tips are designed to to help you find a dog that you can mesh with from your very first day home. They provide food for thought and context that should be considered well before you leave for the adoption shelter or kennel. Our guides will help you make appropriate and far-sighted decisions so that when you find that “perfect” pooch, she truly is… perfect. Read first. Then… happy adopting!
- Choosing the Right Type of Dog for You and Your Family pt 1
- Choosing the Right Type of Dog for You and Your Family pt 2
- What Kind of a Dog Should I Get My Child?
- Naming Your New Dog
- How to Successfully Photograph Your Pets
- Why Every Dog Needs Grooming
- Wheelchairs & Dogs
Have a recent successful adoption story? Give us the skinny in the comments section below!