The Best Dog Grooming Training Course Online
Dog grooming school might be the perfect career move if you love dogs and have a creative flair. When you learn dog grooming at Animal Behavior College, you’ll have access to the best pet grooming training online. You’ll also have the chance to get lots of hands-on experience during your externship, which pairs you up with a local mentor groomer. ABC students get the ideal combination of online learning and real-world practice.
Pet grooming gives you the opportunity to indulge your passion for animals while building long-lasting relationships with clients and their pets. Keep reading to learn how to become a dog groomer in just one year!
A professional dog grooming career affords people like you an artistic and fulfilling profession working with animals. Learn how to bathe and brush for the perfectly pristine pooch. But this course isn’t just for dogs! Also learn about cat grooming in our extensive curriculum.
Did you know that pet health begins with grooming and a well maintained hygiene? Fulfill your creative passion while contributing to the overall health and well-being of pets!
Dog Grooming School Overview
- Take your dog grooming course online
- Get hands-on training from professional dog groomers
- Receive a professional 30+ piece grooming toolkit
- Receive Pet CPR and First Aid Certification
- Experience what it’s like to work in a grooming shop
- Receive ongoing student support
- Invest in a career you enjoy
- Receive digital study materials and ABC uniform
- Become an ABC Certified Pet Groomer (ABCPG)
Extensive Dog Grooming Training Classes
Becoming a dog groomer begins with learning how to use various pet grooming tools. Our curriculum also teaches you how to safely groom both dogs and cats while maintaining a calm, relaxing environment. When you enroll in our Dog Grooming Program, you can learn all of this and more.
Professional Dog Grooming ToolkitAs a student enrolled in ABC’s dog groomer course, you’ll receive a complete grooming toolkit. These 30+ professional grooming tools include: clippers, blades, shears, brushes, combs, shampoo, conditioner and more. This high-quality equipment is essential for every groomer’s toolbox and can be used when you start your new career.
Tuition & Financing
Tuition for our dog grooming course ranges from
$4,299.00 $3,499.00 to $6,195.00 depending on your payment arrangement and any available discounts.* This all-inclusive cost covers your study materials, externship and 30+ piece grooming toolkit. Get the dog grooming training you need from ABC.
*Ask about our discount for Active Military and Veterans who enroll in our distance learning courses
Hands-On Training & Mentorship
Our pet grooming certification program wouldn’t be complete without the essential hands-on training component. Once you finish the online dog grooming portion of this program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work with professional dog groomers. You’ll be able to apply everything you’ve learned up to this point to complete a full groom on your own.
Flexible Schedule & Online Study
One of the main reasons our students choose ABC is the flexibility of our Dog Grooming Program. By giving you access to our curriculum online, you can study and take exams in the comfort of your living room. You can keep your day job or current school schedule while studying toward your dream career with animals.
Dog Grooming Classes Near You
Becoming a dog groomer is possible anywhere in the U.S. and Canada when you enroll in Animal Behavior College. Having more than 3,000 locations across North America, we’re able to offer you pet grooming training wherever you live.
Student Support From Dog Grooming ProfessionalsStay on track with the help, guidance and support from your ABC Program Manager. Each Program Manager is a professional groomer with years of dog grooming experience. In your one-on-one relationship with your Program Manager, you can benefit from their expertise and knowledge.
Pet Grooming Career Resources
Career Information and Advice for Pet Groomers from the professionals at Animal Behavior College
Dog Groomer Certification
After successful completion of our dog grooming course, you’ll become an Animal Behavior College Certified Pet Groomer (ABCPG). Receiving your dog groomer certification shows employers you’ve learned the fundamentals of pet grooming and you’re serious about a career as a dog groomer. Taking the time to pursue your dog grooming certification may work in your favor when applying for animal jobs or even starting your own dog grooming business.
Dog Groomer School Curriculum
Learn gentle grooming skills! ABC’s multi-sensory Certified Pet Grooming Program provides a strong foundation of the essential techniques, methods and gentle grooming behaviors that will protect the pet being groomed and create a more relaxed grooming experience overall.
The ABC Pet Groomer Program is extensive and includes 150 hours of hands-on training with an ABC-approved professional groomer. You’ll also become certified in Pet CPR and First Aid.
- Stage 1 Introduction to Pet Grooming: This stage introduces you to world of pet grooming; its history, its current status and its future.
- Stage 2 Canine Health: This stage details practices including: making sure pets meet vaccination requirements; thorough check-in exams; parasite control; and dedicated and effective cleaning and disinfection at every stage of the grooming process.
- Stage 3 Safety: This stage teaches you how to reduce your risk of getting hurt at work. It educates you about procedures for keeping pets safe in the grooming facility.
- Stage 4 Pet Groomer’s Toolkit: This stage introduces you to the tools, equipment and products of your new trade and their specific functions.
- Stage 5 Cat Grooming: In this stage, you will learn about the evolution of cats, feline communication and how to brush, bathe, dry and trim cats safely and effectively.
- Stage 6 Bathing, Brushing & Drying: Teaches you how to bathe, brush and dry dogs based on their coat type and individual needs.
- Stage 7 Clipper Use and Scissor Control Techniques: Includes step-by-step instructions on how to use and control clippers and shears while grooming.
- Stage 8 Breed Profiles and Mixed-Breed Styling: Provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to groom based on a dog’s musculature and bone structure and illustrates specific dog-breed cuts.
- Stage 9 Building a Pet Grooming Career: Prepares you for a career in the dog grooming industry as both a grooming shop owner and employee.
- Stage 10 Hands-on Externship: Provides you with 150 hours of hands-on grooming experience at a professional grooming salon.
- Stage 11 Final Exam & Graduation
This program’s officially approved title is Grooming Instruction Program. However for grammatical reasons and purposes of clarity it is sometimes referred to as the Dog Grooming Training Course and Dog Grooming Training.Please note: Animal Behavior College does not guarantee employment after graduation. *Additional shipping and handling charges may apply.