Become a Dog Groomer
Do you love dogs and have a creative flair? As an ABC Certified Pet Groomer (ABCPG), you’ll have the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with clients and their pets. Our Dog Grooming Program combines an online dog grooming course with invaluable hands-on training.
Dog Grooming School Overview
- Take your dog grooming course online
- Get hands-on training from professional dog groomers
- Receive a professional 40-piece grooming toolkit
- Receive Pet CPR and First Aid Certification
- Experience what it’s like to work in a grooming shop
- Receive ongoing student support
- Invest in a career you enjoy
- Receive study materials and ABC uniform
- Become an ABC Certified Pet Groomer (ABCPG)
Extensive Dog Grooming CurriculumBecoming a dog groomer begins with learning how to use various pet grooming tools. Our curriculum also teaches you how to safely groom both dogs and cats while maintaining a calm, relaxing environment. When you enroll in our Dog Grooming Program, you can learn all of this and more.
Professional Dog Grooming ToolkitAs a student enrolled in ABC’s dog groomer course, you’ll receive a complete grooming toolkit. These 40 professional grooming tools include: clippers, blades, shears, brushes, combs, shampoo, conditioner and more. This high-quality equipment is essential for every groomer’s toolbox and can be used when you start your new career.
Tuition & Financing
Tuition for our dog grooming course ranges from
$3,999 $3,799 USD to $6,195 USD, depending on your payment arrangement and any available discounts.* This all-inclusive cost covers your study materials, externship and 40-piece grooming toolkit. Get the dog grooming training you need from ABC.
Hands-On Training & Mentorship
Our pet grooming certification program wouldn’t be complete without the essential hands-on training component. Once you finish the online dog grooming portion of this program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work with professional dog groomers. You’ll be able to apply everything you’ve learned up to this point to complete a full groom on your own.
Flexible Schedule & Online Study
One of the main reasons our students choose ABC is the flexibility of our Dog Grooming Program. By giving you access to our curriculum online, you can study and take exams in the comfort of your living room. You can keep your day job or current school schedule while studying toward your dream career with animals.
Dog Grooming School Near YouBecoming a dog groomer is possible anywhere in the U.S. and Canada when you enroll in Animal Behavior College. Having more than 1,900 locations across North America, we’re able to offer you pet grooming training wherever you live.
Student Support From Dog Grooming ProfessionalsStay on track with the help, guidance and support from your ABC Program Manager. Each Program Manager is a professional groomer with years of dog grooming experience. In your one-on-one relationship with your Program Manager, you can benefit from their expertise and knowledge.
Dog Groomer Certification
After successful completion of our dog grooming course, you’ll become an Animal Behavior College Certified Pet Groomer (ABCPG). Receiving your dog groomer certification shows employers you’ve learned the fundamentals of pet grooming and you’re serious about a career as a dog groomer. Taking the time to pursue your dog grooming certification may work in your favor when applying for animal jobs or even starting your own dog grooming business.
Dog Groomer School CurriculumOur dog training school curriculum is designed to teach you everything from positive reinforcement dog obedience training philosophies to business building. We bring more than 100 years of professional dog training experience to our program with the goal of helping you become a successful dog trainer. You’ll also become certified in Pet CPR and First Aid.
- Stage 1 Introduction to Grooming: Covers the history of cat and dog grooming as well as canine and feline anatomy.
- Stage 2 A Groomer’s Toolkit: Introduces and describes all of the different pet grooming tools and their specific uses.
- Stage 3 Health & Safety: Instructs you on how to safely handle and restrain pets in order to achieve a pleasant grooming experience.
- Stage 4 Cat Grooming: Describes the fundamentals of cat grooming, including handling, restraint, bathing, brushing, drying techniques, dental care and clipping excess hair.
- Stage 5 Dog Grooming Details: Walks you through the preliminary steps in the pet grooming process, including nail clipping, ear cleaning eye care and dental care.
- Stage 6 Bathing, Brushing & Drying: Teaches you how to bathe, brush and dry dogs based on their coat type and individual needs.
- Stage 7 Clipper Use and Scissor Control Techniques: Includes step-by-step instructions on how to use and control clippers and shears while grooming.
- Stage 8 Breed Profiles and Mixed-Breed Styling: Provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to groom based on a dog’s musculature and bone structure and illustrates specific dog-breed cuts.
- Stage 9 Career Building Skills for the Professional Pet Groomer: Prepares you for a career in the dog grooming industry as both a grooming shop owner and employee.
- Stage 10 Hands-on Externship: Provides you with 150 hours of hands-on grooming experience at a professional grooming salon.
- Stage 11 Final Exam & Graduation
Please note: Animal Behavior College does not guarantee employment after graduation.
*Additional shipping and handling charges may apply.