The Best Dog Grooming Training Course Online
Dog grooming training might be the perfect career move if you love dogs and have a creative flair. As an ABC student you’ll have access to the best dog grooming courses online. Pet grooming gives you the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with clients and their pets. Our program combines an online dog grooming course with invaluable hands-on training. Keep reading to learn how to become a dog groomer in just one year!
A professional dog grooming career affords people like you an artistic and fulfilling profession working with animals. Learn how to bathe and brush for the perfectly pristine pooch. But this course isn’t just for dogs! Also learn about cat grooming in our extensive curriculum.
Did you know that pet health begins with grooming and a well maintained hygiene? Fulfill your creative passion while contributing to the overall health and well-being of pets!
Dog Grooming School Overview
- Take your dog grooming course online
- Get hands-on training from professional dog groomers
- Receive a professional 40-piece grooming toolkit
- Receive Pet CPR and First Aid Certification
- Experience what it’s like to work in a grooming shop
- Receive ongoing student support
- Invest in a career you enjoy
- Receive study materials and ABC uniform
- Become an ABC Certified Pet Groomer (ABCPG)
Extensive Dog Grooming Training Classes
Becoming a dog groomer begins with learning how to use various pet grooming tools. Our curriculum also teaches you how to safely groom both dogs and cats while maintaining a calm, relaxing environment. When you enroll in our Dog Grooming Program, you can learn all of this and more.
Professional Dog Grooming ToolkitAs a student enrolled in ABC’s dog groomer course, you’ll receive a complete grooming toolkit. These 40 professional grooming tools include: clippers, blades, shears, brushes, combs, shampoo, conditioner and more. This high-quality equipment is essential for every groomer’s toolbox and can be used when you start your new career.
Tuition & FinancingTuition for our dog grooming course ranges from $3,999 USD to $6,195 USD, depending on your payment arrangement and any available discounts.* This all-inclusive cost covers your study materials, externship and 40-piece grooming toolkit. Get the dog grooming training you need from ABC. *Ask about our discount for Active Military and Veterans who enroll in our distance learning courses
Hands-On Training & Mentorship
Our pet grooming certification program wouldn’t be complete without the essential hands-on training component. Once you finish the online dog grooming portion of this program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work with professional dog groomers. You’ll be able to apply everything you’ve learned up to this point to complete a full groom on your own.
Flexible Schedule & Online Study
One of the main reasons our students choose ABC is the flexibility of our Dog Grooming Program. By giving you access to our curriculum online, you can study and take exams in the comfort of your living room. You can keep your day job or current school schedule while studying toward your dream career with animals.
Dog Grooming Classes Near You
Becoming a dog groomer is possible anywhere in the U.S. and Canada when you enroll in Animal Behavior College. Having more than 1,900 locations across North America, we’re able to offer you pet grooming training wherever you live.
Student Support From Dog Grooming ProfessionalsStay on track with the help, guidance and support from your ABC Program Manager. Each Program Manager is a professional groomer with years of dog grooming experience. In your one-on-one relationship with your Program Manager, you can benefit from their expertise and knowledge.
Pet Grooming Career Resources
Career Information and Advice for Pet Groomers from the professionals at Animal Behavior College
Dog Groomer Certification
After successful completion of our dog grooming course, you’ll become an Animal Behavior College Certified Pet Groomer (ABCPG). Receiving your dog groomer certification shows employers you’ve learned the fundamentals of pet grooming and you’re serious about a career as a dog groomer. Taking the time to pursue your dog grooming certification may work in your favor when applying for animal jobs or even starting your own dog grooming business.
Dog Groomer School Curriculum
Learn gentle grooming skills! ABC’s multi-sensory Certified Pet Grooming Program provides a strong foundation of the essential techniques, methods and gentle grooming behaviors that will protect the pet being groomed and create a more relaxed grooming experience overall.
The ABC Pet Groomer Program is extensive and includes 150 hours of hands-on training with an ABC-approved professional groomer. You’ll also become certified in Pet CPR and First Aid.
- Stage 1 Introduction to Grooming: Covers the history of cat and dog grooming as well as canine and feline anatomy.
- Stage 2 A Groomer’s Toolkit: Introduces and describes all of the different pet grooming tools and their specific uses.
- Stage 3 Health & Safety: Instructs you on how to safely handle and restrain pets in order to achieve a pleasant grooming experience.
- Stage 4 Cat Grooming: Describes the fundamentals of cat grooming, including handling, restraint, bathing, brushing, drying techniques, dental care and clipping excess hair.
- Stage 5 Dog Grooming Details: Walks you through the preliminary steps in the pet grooming process, including nail clipping, ear cleaning eye care and dental care.
- Stage 6 Bathing, Brushing & Drying: Teaches you how to bathe, brush and dry dogs based on their coat type and individual needs.
- Stage 7 Clipper Use and Scissor Control Techniques: Includes step-by-step instructions on how to use and control clippers and shears while grooming.
- Stage 8 Breed Profiles and Mixed-Breed Styling: Provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to groom based on a dog’s musculature and bone structure and illustrates specific dog-breed cuts.
- Stage 9 Career Building Skills for the Professional Pet Groomer: Prepares you for a career in the dog grooming industry as both a grooming shop owner and employee.
- Stage 10 Hands-on Externship: Provides you with 150 hours of hands-on grooming experience at a professional grooming salon.
- Stage 11 Final Exam & Graduation
This program’s officially approved title is Grooming Instruction Program. However for grammatical reasons and purposes of clarity it is sometimes referred to as the Dog Grooming Training Course and Dog Grooming Training.Please note: Animal Behavior College does not guarantee employment after graduation. *Additional shipping and handling charges may apply.
For this holiday season, give the gift of helping animals to someone you love. Click below for our program gift certificates.