GI Bill ® Approved Dog Training College in California
Apply for VA benefits to enroll in our dog training college in California. Animal Behavior College takes pride in supporting US military veterans and their families, and our on-campus dog obedience trainer course is GI Bill® approved.
In order to get the benefits started, the veteran or other eligible person will need to file the appropriate application. Be sure to submit the appropriate application online. Click Here to go to website. This page will provide you the information you need to:
1) Find out if you are eligible for VA education benefits
2) See what benefits you will get for our school
3) Find out how to apply for Vocational Rehab and Employment if applicable (Chapter 31)
4) What documents you will need
5) How to apply
- For veterans who have never used their benefits, the appropriate application is VA Form 22-1990 or VA Form 22-5490 for other eligible dependents.
- For veterans who have used their benefits previously, the appropriate application is VA Form 22-1995 or VA Form 22-5495 for other eligible dependents.
Once you have submitted the original application for education benefits, VA will give you a confirmation number. The application approval process can take approximately 4-8 weeks so it is important that you submit the application immediately. Please email me with your confirmation number and date you submit the application so that I can put you on the school waiting list. Also, you will need to keep the confirmation number in a safe place in order to be able to check on your application at any given time. Please remember to keep me updated on your progress. Communication is very important as this allows me to keep your spot in the next class reserved for you.
After 30 days you can track the status of your benefits by logging in here.
- On the “Welcome” page, select the “Manage Your Benefits” link
- Then select the “Status Tracking”
- In the “Education” block, you should see a link for the benefit you are eligible for
- Select the “Enrollment Status” link (Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill®, etc.)
- Print the page entitled “Education Enrollment Status”
Once your application is approved, you will be given a VA File number and you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), or an Award Letter indicating the educational benefits for which you are eligible as well as any housing or additional monies that you may be eligible for. Once you have the letter, forward it to me right away. Carefully read all letters that you receive from the VA and inform the VA office if there are any changes to your eligibility. Students and other eligible persons can always contact the military directly at 1-888-GI Bill 1 or 1-888-442-4551 if you have any questions about what you are eligible for or if you would like to check on the status of a pending application. Some military benefits will cover housing and/or other expenses. Some military benefits require that you pay your tuition, and then they reimburse you while other benefits will pay Animal Behavior College for your schooling directly. So you’ll need to find out right away what you are able to be approved for, how much, and how that program works to pay the tuition.
Once we have received your COE letter, we will complete your enrollment paperwork over the phone and through email. At that time, we will be able to officially reserve your spot in the classroom and Animal Behavior College will certify your enrollment on the VA-Once website (VA Form 22-1999).
We will be accepting a maximum of 27 students in our next class. If you will be relocating to California for the program, please advise your Admissions Counselor and do your research on housing/car rentals in Santa Clarita. This is a very clean and nice area with houses and apartments for rent.
All potential students are encouraged to create a list or spreadsheet with the typical expenses you are likely to incur during the 5 month+ period of time you are in Southern California attending Animal Behavior College. This includes food, rent, gasoline, etc. This will allow you to determine how much money you will need in order to remain here during your course of study.