Animal Behavior College
“Where Animal Lovers Pursue Animal Careers”
Congratulations on choosing Animal Behavior College. We look forward to helping you pursue your education in the animal industry. This email is to help you as you apply for the Military Spouse Benefit. Please follow each step carefully and feel free to call us at (800) 795-3294 if you have any questions. Remember, we are always here to help you.
This military benefit will be available to spouses of active duty Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine Service Members or activated reserve members in pay grades E1 – E5, W1 – W2 and O1 – O2. If the military sponsor is in the National Guard and/or an AGR member, the military sponsor must be on Federal Title 10 Active Duty orders as reported in Deers. Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
These benefits are purely for spouses of active military and do not have anything to do with, or affect, your spouse’s GI Benefits.
Animal Behavior College understands the sacrifices of military personnel and their spouses and therefore contributes all other materials necessary for the completion of the programs at no charge to the student. Your out of pocket expense can be as low as $75 for the application fee.
Visit this website: https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/default.aspx
* Please note this website runs best with Mozilla Firefox. Your computer may freeze at times or not let you upload the required Program File attached if you access the website through Explorer, or it may not let you on the website at all if you use Google Chrome, etc.
* Also note if you receive a message that there is a problem with the website’s security certificate, please know this is a very secure military website with high security settings, which can set off the security settings on your computer, but there is no reason you can’t safely continue onto the site. If you have any technical troubles accessing the website or submitting your information/application, please either download Mozilla Firefox to go on the MyCAA website or contact a MyCAA counselor at (800) 342-9647 for further assistance.
Once you are on the home page, you will have a User Agreement to review. To continue, click OK at the bottom of the page. If you aren’t able to see the OK button, go to the “view” tab at the top of your computer page and click on “zoom out.”
Once you click OK, you are now going to the main home page. Scroll down halfway and on the left you will see “Getting Started is Easy!” and the 3 steps you will be completing, starting with “Creating Your Account.” Click on the red box that says “Get Started!”
Step 1: Creating Your Account
Read the MyCAA Fact Sheet and click Next at the bottom of the page.
You will now input your personal information for the DEERS Eligibility Check. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your last name, your date of birth and your social security number.
- Your sponsor’s social security number.
If you do not have a Social Security Number (SSN), you may use a Foreign Identification Number (FIN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
In the event that your spouse’s discharge date is sooner than 12 months, you will not be eligible nor will you be able to proceed with the application unless your spouse later reenlists and then you can proceed at that time.
Creating your account profile:
- You will be asked to fill in your former education and career information.
- Create a username and enter your email address.
- Create password. Your password needs to include 8-16 letter characters, two numbers and two symbols like “**” or “!!” For example, an accepted password would be something like: johnsmith12!!johnsmith12!!
Step 2: Creating Your Education and Training Plan
Once your account profile is set up, you will be taken back to the main home page to complete the 2nd step, which is to set up your “Education and Training Plan for approval.” If you need to go back to the main home page, just go on the website again and use your username and password to log back in.
Pick the school you wish to attend: Type: Animal then choose CA for the state and hit Enter. Animal Behavior College will come up, click on it.
- Enter the Full Name of the Program: Choose one of the Options Attached (see Program File attachment) and type OR copy/paste the exact option that you want. You need to have the entire title for your program.
- Here’s an example of exactly how to type it in and how it should appear: DOP – DOG OBEDIENCE COURSE
– Program Type – Select Certification
– What is your estimated completion date? Put your estimated completion date as approximately one year from when you expect to begin your studies.
– Enter your SCHOOL STUDENT ID (noted above in red). Please enter this when prompted or call your Admissions Counselor at (800) 795-3294 if you don’t see it at the top of this email.
– Save the attached program file for the option you chose. Save it to your computer desktop or documents folder so you can easily locate it to upload. This is your Program File. You will need to upload the Program File in this next step. Where it says attach your Program File, click on Browse and find where you saved the attachment on your computer and click on it and attach it. This will enable your MyCAA Education & Training Plan to be approved by matching the proper title and tuition, etc.
Check box if program exceeds $2,000: You MUST click on this box or your tuition will not get fully covered.
– Create Plan – Yes…Next
– You should now receive a message, “Continuing will submit your plan for review, once your plan is approved any previously approved plan will be deactivated;” click Next to continue. You should then check back on your main home page to see a message near the top right that says “Your Request was received and is being processed in the order it was received.” If you do not see this message, contact the MyCAA at (800) 342-9647 to be sure your plan was submitted.
– Inform your Admissions Counselor once you have completed this step. It will now take 1-3 business days for your Education & Training Plan to be approved. Please inform your Admissions Counselor once you receive a message on your MyCAA account that it has been approved and continue to the 3rd step of your application.
Step 3: Contact Your MyCAA Spouse Counselor
After you have set up your account, you will need to speak to a Spouse Counselor. Call (800) 342-9647 to speak to your Spouse Counselor. You will be counseled on Career Planning and be given resources that will help you with an Education Training Plan, and you will choose Animal Behavior College as your school of choice. Your Spouse Counselor will then inform you when you can proceed to step 4.
Step 4: Request Financial Assistance for Your Course of Study
Once you receive a message on your MyCAA account that you can now apply for financial assistance (FA), you can now click on the Financial tab and click on “Apply for FA” (top middle tab on your home page).
Enter campus – Main Campus
- Select your start and end dates for your program. The start date should be set for 15 days from the date you are filling this in. The end date should be exactly 12 months later. Here is an example of the start and end date – Start date: 04/15/2013 End date: 04/15/2014.
You will now be asked to enter your course.
- Click on ADD COURSE and there will be a drop down of the 3 choices of programs. Click on the program corresponding to the Option you chose in Step 2.
- Your course code, course title and course type will automatically be entered there for you.
- You will need to enter the Course Price, excluding application fees (refer to your Program File that you saved to your computer to get this information or call your Admissions Counselor for help).
- Click Next and you should now see the correct course option listed there.
- Please note, you are only allowed to use your MyCAA funds to take one program at a time. Do not add any additional course options.
- Verify everything is correct and proceed.
- Agree to terms and conditions and enter your username/password to proceed. You will then get an FA Confirmation number. It will now take 1-3 business days for your FA Document to be prepared. Make sure to give your confirmation number to your Admissions Counselor.
- Now your Admissions Counselor will be able to prepare your Enrollment Agreement and get you on your way to starting!
- Once you receive your FA Document, please make sure it is entirely accurate and fits what you requested and inform your Admissions Counselor that it is ready!
Please be sure to call us at (800) 342-9647 if you have questions or concerns along the way. We are here to help you every step of the way and look forward to getting you started in our amazing programs!