What could be more fun than giving your dog a gift during the Holidays? Once your dog discovers wrapped boxes and gift bags contain goodies for him, you’ll be amazed at how quickly he becomes part of the holiday festivities.
Here are a few gift ideas for your dog this holiday season:
- Kibble Pet Waterless Shampoo—Does your dog hate baths? Then what better gift to give him than waterless shampoo! Kibble Pet Waterless Shampoo is designed for quick use between grooming sessions, and leaves dogs smelling fresh. This salon-quality product uses organic ingredients, including red raspberry seed oil, jojoba seed oil, organic argan oil and niaouli oil to sooth, nourish and protect coats. www.kibblepet.com
- CoCoChews—Ever wonder what Hawaiian dogs like to chew on when they go to the beach? Coconuts! The fiber on the outside of the coconut shell is a favorite of dogs who like to gnaw, and also helps clean their teeth while they are chewing. CoCoChew takes advantage of this double benefit by using coconut husk in their chew toys. Two different durable rope toy designs are available: the CoCoChew Classic and the CoCoChew Junior for smaller dogs. Not only are these toys good for playing tug, but they also don’t get soggy when wet, like standard rope toys. CoCoChews are chemical free and made from sustainably sourced coconut husk. www.cocochewllc.com.
- Bark Box—If you like to spoil your dog year-round instead of just at holiday time, consider getting him a subscription to BarkBox for Christmas. Your dog will receive a cardboard box every month containing an assortment of goodies, including treats, toys and other dog favorites. Each month features a particular theme, such as The Knights of the Hound Table, Chewrassic Bark and Sniffin’ Safari. www.barkbox.com
- The Original Cricket Cookie—If your dog likes treats and you’re not squeamish about bugs, consider putting a bag of Original Cricket Cookies in his stocking this Christmas. Not only are Original Cricket Cookies healthy, containing more protein than treats made with chicken or beef, but they are also more sustainable than treats made with traditional animal products. According to the manufacturer, cricket protein uses less resources and produces less greenhouse gas emissions than chicken or beef. Original Cricket Cookies come in an assortment of flavors, including peanut butter and blueberry, peas and sweet potato, and sweet potato and apple. Although they are made with cricket protein, the treats have the same look and feel like traditional dog treats. www.jiminys.com
- Chuckit! Pro Launcher – A must-have for every parent of a ball-obsessed dog, Petmate’s Chuckit! makes fetch fun for canines and easy for humans. The Chuckit! Pro Launcher lets you throw tennis balls farther and faster, and makes it so you don’t have to bend down to pick up a slimy ball. When you play with your dog using the Chuckit!, the launcher grasps the ball and releases it when you swing. You’ll be amazed at how far the ball will go with just a little effort. It’s the perfect gift for dogs who love to play. https://www.petmate.com/chuckit-pro-launcher/product/248201
- UpCountry Collars – Perfect for a night walking with carolers. UpCountry collars come in more than 100 beautiful designs and the company offers matching leads and harnesses to complete the look. Made in the USA THE holiday collection features everything from sweaters to treats. Each year during the holiday season at Up Country, employees collect money for donation to a nonprofit organization. Up Country generously matches the total raised and the company actively participates in fundraisers for a variety of organizations. https://www.upcountryinc.com/our-products/category/holidays
- PetSafe Pogo Plush Toys – Looking for a toy that will hold up to the heaviest chewer? PetSafe offers PogoPlush toys that come complete with a migrating squeaker and an inner cage under the plush covering dogs love. Great for any size, this toy can last much longer than your standard plush toys. PetSafe plays a lead role in helping pets become respected citizens and actively participates in community initiatives to create dog parks, as well as offering tuition assistance and supporting pet-friendly communities. https://store.petsafe.net/pogo-plush
- Chilly Dog Sweaters – Dogs with short hair need help staying warm during the holidays, and what better way to do it than with a cute, 100-percent wool wintery sweater? Chilly Dog is offering the Black Snowflake Dog Sweater as one of its Nordic dog sweater designs. The sweater is made following the Fair Trade guidelines, and is hand-knit in South America. Available in eight different sizes, from XXS to XXXL, the sweater is suitable for all breeds and sizes. Checkout their website for more fun wintery selections! https://chillydogsweaters.com/
- Ruffwear K9 Overcoat – Ruffwear proves it is the king of outdoor wear for dogs. The redesigned K9 Overcoat is great for any climate and the durable material allows it to stand up to even the most active dog. Wind- and water-resistant outer fabric keeps the elements out, while interior fleece layer keeps body heat in. Ruffwear’s Donation Program provides product donations to organizations and events that support outdoor spaces where wildlife thrives and people and dogs recreate. https://ruffwear.com/products/overcoat-jacket