Become a Veterinary Assistant!
Begin your Career Assisting Veterinarians in the Pet Care Industry Today!
If you're thinking about a career change, Animal Behavior College can help. As one of the premier veterinary assistant schools in North America, ABC can offer you the education and hands-on experience you need to succeed in one of the many fulfilling animal jobs waiting out there for you.
- Have you always dreamed of a career in veterinary medicine? Do you wish you could earn a living helping save animals lives?
- Are you looking for a Veterinary Assistant Training Program that offers hands-on training assisting a veterinarian and other veterinary personnel in hundreds of locations nationwide?
- Do you wish you could enroll in a veterinary assistant school with the best job placement assistance available anywhere?
- Would you like to enter into a pet care career without spending $3,000 to $11,000?
- Are you looking for a veterinary assistant college that is owned and operated by animal lovers dedicated to high quality continuing education and certification programs?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions you've come to the right place.
We invite you to click through our site or speak with an ABC
Admissions Counselor about our
Certified Veterinary Assistant Training
Information on Becoming a Professional Veterinary
ABC has boosted my confidence and it is an amazing school for full time parents and workers. I saved a puppy's life a week ago and I was so proud of myself. ABC taught me how to do this. I love going to work everyday.
April Sparks, ABCVA
(Offered a full-time vet assistant position at her externship location)
Animal Behavior College (ABC) is one the most highly recognized Veterinary Assistant Schools for individuals looking to get into a career working with animals.
Do you love animals? Why not start an exciting career as a vet assistant? As an ABC Certified Veterinary Assistant (ABCVA), you will possess the skills necessary to make a difference in the life of every animal you work with. Graduation from this program gives you the foundational education you need to work for at an established animal hospital as a veterinary assistant.
Did you know?
According to the American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges, the average veterinary school student was graduating with an average debt over $100,000. You could choose to spend the next 7 years studying at a vet school to become a veterinarian, or you could become a certified veterinary assistant in as little as 12 months for under $3,000!
Animal Behavior College gives you the tools you need to become a successful Certified Veterinary Assistant!
- Hands-on Training - You learn from the experts!
- Personal & Expert support system for each student
- Flexible & Convenient school schedule
- Located near you - In all 50 States & Canada!
- Recognized ABC certification
- Affordable tuition & financing available
I was able to work in a top notch veterinarian facility with great people who took the time to work one on one with me and let me get the hands on experience that I needed to be successful in this career field.Megan Reitenour, ABCVA
Veterinary Assistant & Pro Race Car Driver
(Employed as a Vet Assistant at her externship location)
Why Should You Choose an ABC Program?
Good Income Potential - Get Paid for Doing What You Love!
Veterinary Assistants in the animal industry can earn a nice salary working with animals while simultaneously helping the people who love them. Imagine being able to make a living working in a field that you are passionate about. There is a tremendous opportunity to thrive in this occupation. According to the 2011/2012 National Pet Owners Survey, 62% of U.S. households own a pet, which equates to 72.9 million homes.
In-Home Training - Bring the Classroom to Your Living Room
By choosing to enroll in ABC's Veterinary Assistant program, you can keep your current job while training for a new career. The ABC program brings the classroom to your neighborhood and living room, meaning that you avoid additional expenses such as housing at a remote location, and you will not waste time and money driving to a brick and mortar facility.
Hands-On Experience - Learn from the Experts
Research indicates that employers are more inclined to hire applicants whose schooling included hands-on training. ABC's Veterinary Assistant Program offers this valuable component as an essential aspect of the program.
After students successfully complete the in-home study portion of the course, they are authorized to move on to the vital hands-on externship. This gives students the opportunity to learn from experts in an actual working environment. Once there, students are given the chance to utilize the knowledge acquired during the home study element and apply it to real-life occupational situations. The externship is a priceless component of the ABC veterinary assistant course curriculum, and having experienced on-the-job training will set you apart from the competition in the eyes of future potential employers.
Training Facilities in Your Neighborhood - Locations in All 50 States and Every Canadian Province
ABC's Veterinary Assistant School is a viable option for students anywhere in the United States and Canada. That's because ABC has over 2,100 instruction locations nationwide and throughout Canada. Training for your new veterinary assistant career has never been more convenient!
The externship was awesome. I was being taught something different everyday and it really got my foot in the door of the industry. The detail in the books and CD's ABC gave me were great, I use things I learned all the time at work. The doctor told me that one of the main reasons he hired me was because of my work during the externship.
Paola Velasquez, ABCVA
(Employed as a lead at her externship location)
Curriculum Description by Stage
The ABC Veterinary Assistant curriculum is designed to educate you on the essential skills for a career as a veterinary assistant as published by the Association of Veterinary Technician Educators (AVTE).
Here is a brief overview of the ABC Certified Veterinary Assistant Training Curriculum:
- Stage 1 - OFFICE ETIQUETTE AND HOSPITAL PROCEDURES - Gives students a thorough understanding of the role of each member of the veterinary team. -MORE-
- Stage 2 - ANIMAL RESTRAINT - Addresses the fundamentals and the fine points of animal restraint. -MORE-
- Stage 3 - EXAMINATION ROOM PROCEDURES - Learn basic examination room preparation, and patient background and physical examination procedures. -MORE-
- Stage 4 - PHARMACY AND PHARMACOLOGY - In this stage, the use of pharmaceuticals in a veterinary office will be addressed. -MORE-
- Stage 5 - SURGICAL PREPARATION AND ASSISTING - Learn the skills every veterinary assistant should master in order to best serve the animal hospital staff before, during and after a surgical procedure. -MORE-
- Stage 6 - SMALL ANIMAL NURSING - Covers the fundamentals of small animal nursing. -MORE-
- Stage 7 - LABORATORY PROCEDURES - Explains basic laboratory procedures. -MORE-
- Stage 8 - RADIOLOGY AND ULTRASOUND IMAGING - Instruction on proper techniques of radiology and ultrasound as a means of diagnoses. -MORE-
- Stage 9 - CAREER BUILDING - Fundamentals of career building, as well as how to apply them to secure a position as an ABC Certified Veterinary Assistant. -MORE-
- Stage 10 - EXTERNSHIP - This hands-on component will provide each student with a better understanding and working knowledge of what is expected of a veterinary assistant in the working world. -MORE-
- Stage 11 - FINAL EXAM & GRADUATION - The Final Exam is given once your course work and externship have been successfully completed. -MORE-
Tuition for the Certified Veterinary Assistant Program starts as low as $2,995 USD. Payment arrangements are also available and rates will depend on the individual applicant and available discounts for those who qualify. The tuition price covers ALL materials, as well as the hands-on externship at an ABC Authorized Hospital Facility. Competitive programs offering this type of one-on-one training can cost up to $10,000 or more! Click here for more information
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account Financial Assistance program (MyCAA) offers eligible military spouses FULL scholarships to attend ABC. Consult an ABC Admissions Counselor to find if you are eligible for this FULL scholarship today! (Click here for more information)
Financing Available - An Investment in Your Future
Great Job-Placement Assistance - ABC Helps Our Graduates Succeed!
ABC's Veterinary Assistant program offers continued support to our students well beyond graduation. ABC is serious about your success and offers information that is specifically dedicated to helping students find a job.
Get Started Today
Your training can begin immediately as programs are tailored to each individual student. A veterinary assistant career is about making a difference in the health and lives of animals! Call today and launch this exciting career tomorrow.
The Better Business Bureau not only recognizes ABC but gives ABC an A+ rating!
Speak to an ABC Admissions Counselor Today!
Call (800) 795-3294