Veterinary Assistant Program
NAVTA-Approved Vet Assistant School
Turn your passion for helping animals into a rewarding career by becoming a certified veterinary assistant at Animal Behavior College. Our veterinary assistant school is one of only three online veterinary assistant schools to be approved by the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA). Learn more about our program by calling (800) 795-3294.
Our Veterinary Assistant Program is designed to prepare you for a career working with animals. When you enroll, you learn surgical preparation to small animal nursing. After successful completion of the prior stages, you will then be placed in a veterinary environment to complete your externship. During your externship, you will be given the opportunity to interact with professionals in the veterinary industry.
Speak to an Admissions Counselor by calling (800) 795-3294.
Veterinary Assistant School Overview
Our Veterinary Assistant Program makes it possible to:
- Get your education online
- Acquire practical skills you can apply in real-life settings
- Experience what it’s like to work in a veterinary hospital
- Receive ongoing student support
- Invest in your future doing what you love
- Receive study materials and ABC scrubs
- Become a certified veterinary assistant
Switching careers doesn’t necessarily mean you quit your day job to return to school. You can study your way into a veterinarian assistant career by enrolling in our online certification program. Make your childhood dream of helping animals a reality at ABC. Contact (800) 795-3294 for more information.
Affordable Tuition & Financing
Tuition for our veterinary assistant school ranges from
$3,245 $2,995 to $5,430, depending on your chosen payment plan. This cost covers all learning materials, including the real world training externship. Donít let the high costs of other vet assistant schools hold you back from pursuing your dream career.
Military Spouses May Qualify for Free Tuition
Are you a military spouse? You may receive up to $4,000 toward your tuition costs, including course materials and externship. Learn if you qualify for this educational benefit by calling (800) 795-3294.
Why enroll in any other program when you can learn at a NAVTA-approved veterinary assistant school? Our curriculum is annually reviewed by registered veterinary technicians who have had years of experience working with animals. Given the high regard the veterinary community has for the NAVTA approval, getting your ABC certification may be the right step toward your career.
Flexible Schedule & Online Study
Learning can be easy when you can access the entire curriculum online. Complete the ABC veterinary assistant course no matter where you live within the United States or Canada. One of the best parts of this online program is you can study on your own time. Flexible scheduling may afford you the opportunity to keep your job, balance home life and pursue certification.
Real World Training & Expert Mentorship
Experience is an important component when becoming a veterinary assistant. Fortunately, you can receive relevant veterinary assistant experience during the externship part of our program. We have relationships with more than 3,500 veterinary facilities across the U.S. and Canada, providing you with multiple opportunities to receive on-the-job training experience. Once you reach the real world training portion of the program, you will be assigned an externship location in your area. There, you will complete 90 hours of unpaid work experience. During the externship, you may apply some of the skills you acquired in the online portion of the program and observe active professionals in the industry.
Student Support From Experts
Stay on track with the help, guidance and support of your Program Manager. Each ABC Program Manager is a Registered Veterinary Technician who has years of personal on-the-job working experience.
Veterinary Assistant Certification
Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive your veterinary assistant certification and the title of Animal Behavior College Veterinary Assistant (ABCVA). Your certification demonstrates your knowledge in the veterinary field and shows employers youíve successfully completed our NAVTA-approved studies.
Veterinary Assistant Courses
Our Veterinary Assistant Program can prepare you for a professional career as a veterinary assistant. You will learn the fundamentals and requirements of being a veterinary assistant as well as real world experience in a veterinary hospital or clinic.
• Stage 1 - Office Etiquette & Hospital Procedures: Explains the various roles of each veterinary team member.
• Stage 2 - Animal Restraint:Teaches you the fundamentals and fine points of animal restraint.
• Stage 3 - Examination Room Procedures: Covers basic examination room preparation as well as patient background and physical examination procedures.
• Stage 4 - Pharmacy & Pharmacology: Explains the fundamentals of an in-house veterinary pharmacy.
• Stage 5 - Surgical Preparation & Assisting: Describes your responsibilities before, during and after a surgical procedure.
• Stage 6 - Small Animal Nursing: Covers the fundamentals of small animal nursing.
• Stage 7 - Laboratory Procedures: Explains basic laboratory procedures.
• Stage 8 - Radiology & Ultrasound Imaging: Instructs you on proper radiology and ultrasound techniques as a means of diagnoses.
• Stage 9 - Career Building: Provides you career advice you can apply to possibly secure a solid veterinarian assistant position.
• Stage 10 - Externship: Gives you invaluable on-the-job training experience at a veterinary hospital.
• Stage 11 - Final Exam & Graduation
For more detailed information on the curriculum, click here.
Pave the Way to a Veterinary Assistant Career Today
Animals are always in need of your help and some employers may welcome veterinary assistants certified through a NAVTA-approved program. You can make a difference as a veterinary assistant. Stop dreaming and start doing. Learn how to become a vet assistant by calling (800) 795-3294 today.
Please note: Animal Behavior College does not guarantee employment after graduation.