Level 2 Dog Training Certification – Coming in August 2013
Attention All Dog Trainers,
Looking for a way to impress your clients? Animal Behavior College is preparing to launch a Level 2 Dog Training Certification. You do not need to be a graduate of Animal Behavior College to take this certification examination. We proudly offer this opportunity to all professional dog trainers.
Passing this examination will earn you the right to proudly display the ABCDT-L2 designation proving you have a solid foundation of dog training experience in teaching abilities, learning theory, canine behavior, and more.
Now you can add another notch of credibility on your belt and strut your stuff. The ABCDT-L2 title will showcase your knowledge and experience as a Dog Trainer, and set you apart from the competition.
So, what is required??
- You must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 220 hours as a LEAD Dog Trainer, plus 55 hours of basic dog training experience within the last 5 years.
- At least 28 units of continuing education in the dog training field within the last five years (must be in the form of ABC-Approved Education Programs).
- A signed copy of the ABC Code of ethics.
- Four letters of reference from a:
- Dog Trainer Client
- Colleague in the Canine Behavior profession
- Representative from a Shelter or Rescue that you have volunteered
Each letter should reference your experience in training within the last two years. The Animal Behavior College Level 2 Certification application and exam has a filing fee of $300.
This Level 2 Certification will be coming in August.