Job Opening: Dog Obedience Externship Coordinator
Thanks for looking in. This position has been filled. Please watch this blog or follow us on LinkedIn for job openings as they become available!
Who we are
Animal Behavior College (ABC) is a highly reputable nationwide vocational school specializing in animal related career training courses. Our programs offer individuals a unique educational format by combining distance learning and a hands-on training component. Our staff of animal care experts are dedicated to enhancing the human-animal bond while giving our students the tools to ensure their success in their chosen profession.
Our programs are expanding and we are seeking to hire an individual to work as an Externship Coordinator. This employment offer is ideal for someone who has prior experience working in an office and has a passion for improving the lives of animals. Please read below for the specifics, and I look forward to hearing from you should you be interested in a formal interview.
Externship Coordinators are responsible for working with our students and keeping them on track as they progress through their hands-on externship. The main focus of this position is to formulate business relationships with professional in the animal industry and set up our students with these mentors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Establishing and negotiating relationships with dog trainers
- Pairing students with mentor trainers to complete their hands-on training
- Communicating directly to students and mentors via phone conversations and email
- Grading evaluation forms
- Monitoring students’ progress
- Researching for Mentor Trainers and interviewing them
- Data entry
- Internet Savvy
- Type a minimum of 40 WPM
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Friiendly, outgoing, and positive demeanor
- Well-organized and self-driven
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- A team player who enjoys working closely with other office personnel
- Prior animal related experience is a must!
Hours are generally 8:30-5:00pm although staff works to fit the needs of potential students so hours sometimes vary.
The starting salary is $14.50 with health benefits available after 90 days of employment.
Please forward your resume directly to email@example.com.