ABC Dog Training Program Student of the Month – February 2013
Seth Moffatt lives in Lebannon; Tenn., and has been training on his own for about 6 months since he graduated from Animal Behavior College as a Certified Trainer.. Seth teaches basic obedience classes and works with clients on problem-solving issues.
- When and how did you know you’d be a success in the pet industry?
I have known I had a special bond with dogs and other animals since I was little and I hope to have a successful pet service business one day.
- What has been your most rewarding moment as a dog trainer?
Physically seeing the dogs learning and retaining the commands I have taught them; and feeling like I had accomplished something good for the dogs.
- What was your experience like in the ABC Dog Obedience Program?
I found the program to be very informative. I also appreciated being able to study at home and spend time with my family.
- Which dog breed best describes you and why?
Rottweiler: I like being a little clownish and goofy at times.
- How did you hear about the ABC program and what convinced you to become certified?
I was looking to change careers; I wanted to do something with dogs. My wife happened to come across the ABC website, and that is when I knew I wanted to be a dog trainer and receive my certification.