Every occupation has its own professional tools of the trade. An artist could not create without his paint brush. Such is the case for a dog groomer. A complete grooming kit will contain a variety of brushes, clippers, combs and accessories for the proper grooming of your four legged clients. Often you can purchase a grooming kit already assembled, but you can also compile your own kit.
When assembling your own grooming kit, first consider what your grooming purpose will be. Are you going to be grooming for pet owners, or for dog shows? What breeds will you be grooming? This is important to keep in mind since some breeds require special grooming tools.
• Clipper with clipper combs & several sets of blades for pre-cuts & for finishing
• Several types of shears for pre-cuts & for finishing
• Several different types and sizes of slicker brushes
• Several different sizes and types of combs
• Stripping and carding tools
• Several sets of shears for pre-cuts & for finishing
• Several sizes of nail clippers
• A curry brush
• A shedding blade
Make sure that you are experienced with using these tools and have had plenty of groomer training. Keep in mind that some groomer’s kits extend to additional tools as well such as doggy toothbrushes and tooth paste. Don’t forget to purchase a large storage box with a handle for easy storage and transportation of your grooming supplies! You will soon be on your way to well groomed and happy pet clientele!